The information below is for all domestic applicants. International applicants can find the steps to monitor the status of your application here.
It is your responsibility to stay on top of your application process. You will be able to monitor your application status through your domestic admissions portal status page. If you change your preferred program, you can cancel your application through portal any time before your spot is confirmed.
Log in and monitor your application
- Sign in to your domestic admissions portal with your email address and password.
- Once logged in, select the application you wish to review from the drop-down menu.
- Your application status and any required materials will appear on the page under the SAIT Student ID number heading.
Complete the following steps within 60 days of starting your application or it could be cancelled.
- Fill in all the required info in the application.
- Click submit and pay the $120 application fee.
- Upload transcripts and supporting documents to verify you meet the admission requirements.
We’re unable to evaluate your application until all of the above steps are complete.
You can choose up to two programs per application. Please make note of the following before choosing your programs.
- Both programs you choose must be the same application type and in the same term.
- The first program you choose will be considered your first preference.
- Choose your second preference in the same application by selecting Next Program.
- We will only evaluate your first preference - your second, third or later preferences for the term will not be evaluated unless an earlier application is waitlisted or declined.
- If the same program is chosen more than once – on the same or different applications – we will only evaluate this if it is identified as your first preference. Subsequent applications for the same program will be deleted.
- If you accept an offered seat all other applications will be cancelled.
- We will not cancel your first choice if it is waitlisted. Review Apply to learn more about application preferences.
Based on where you are in the process, your application will be assigned one of the statuses below:
This will occur when you have not completed or paid for your application. Log in to ApplyAlberta to ensure you have provided all the required information. Your next step will be to submit your application and pay the non-refundable $120 application fee.
If you submitted a paper application or had an application submitted online by one of our representatives, you will need to pay the non-refundable $120 application fee. Review payment options to find our acceptable online payment methods.
This will happen if you haven’t provided transcripts or sufficient evidence confirming you will meet the admission requirements. You can upload your supporting documents directly through your Admissions Portal Status Page.
We will evaluate your application and assign one of the following decisions once your application is submitted with your official transcripts and/or sufficient evidence.
Congratulations, we’ve made you an offer of admission. Depending on the documents you provided, this will either be a full offer of admission or an offer of admission with conditions. Make sure to review the letter on your status page and complete the necessary steps before your deadline.
Make sure to accept your offer and pay the non-refundable tuition/enrolment deposit within 30 days of your offer being made.
Note: If you don’t accept your offer and pay the enrolment deposit by the appropriate deadline, your offer will expire and the seat could be offered to an applicant on the waitlist.
You have accepted your offer of admission (full or with conditions). Your next step is to pay the non-refundable tuition/enrolment deposit within 30 days of your initial offer being made.
Note: If you don’t pay the tuition/enrolment deposit by the appropriate deadline, your offer will expire and the seat could be offered to an applicant on the waitlist.
You’ve accepted your offer of admission (full or with conditions) and paid your tuition deposit. Review next steps to make sure you’re ready to start your program.
We’re sorry you chose to decline your offer of admission. If you choose to attend SAIT in the future, please submit a new application through ApplyAlberta.
This means you meet the admission requirements for your chosen program, but all the spots are filled for your chosen term. If this happens, you will be given three options.
- Accept your waitlist offer.
- Accept your waitlist offer and receive information about other programs currently open for application.
- Decline your waitlist offer.
You’ve accepted or chosen not to reply to your waitlist offer. Review waitlists to learn more about the options currently available to you.
We’re sorry you chose to decline your waitlist offer. If you choose to attend SAIT in the future, please submit a new application through ApplyAlberta.
This will be your decision if your request to move to a later start is approved. Review Domestic Application deferrals to see if you are eligible for this option.
Your application will be assigned a deny decision if you don’t meet the admission requirements for your chosen program. Learn more about the options to help improve your chances next time including SAIT’s Academic Upgrading or English Language Foundations programs.
This will be assigned to your application if you choose to cancel your accepted spot before classes start.
Note: Your non-refundable tuition deposit will be forfeited if you choose to withdraw your application.
We will cancel your application if you have taken no action by a particular deadline. This may occur in either of the following situations.
- You started an application and have not completed the following actions within 60 days.
- Paid for and submitted your application or,
- Uploaded the appropriate documents to verify admission requirements.