At SAIT, English Language Arts admission requirements for the programs you apply to must demonstrate English language proficiency. English is the language of instruction for all programs at SAIT and is the most common language used in business in Alberta.
You must demonstrate English language proficiency in one of the following ways:
1. Complete three years of full-time instruction in the English language, with a minimum of 12-hours per week.
- You must provide high school or post-secondary transcripts to demonstrate this requirement.
- If you were educated outside of Canada, you will require an international document assessment.
- SAIT reserves the right to use discretion in determining adequate levels of English Language proficiency in order to ensure an applicant's success in the program.
2. Achieve the applicable score on an English assessment test.
3. Successfully complete the English Language Foundations (ELF) program
- COMN 155 and SPCH 155 meet proficiency for programs requiring English Language Arts 30-1 or 30-2
- COMN 154 and SPCH 154 meet proficiency for programs requiring English Language Arts 20-1 or 20-2
4. Successfully complete one of the recognized alternatives to our English Language Foundations program (See list of Approved English Assessment Tests).