At SAIT, English Language Arts admission requirements for the programs you apply to must demonstrate English language proficiency. English is the language of instruction for all programs at SAIT and is the most common language used in business in Alberta.
You must demonstrate English language proficiency in one of the following ways:
- Provide official transcripts (either from high school or a post-secondary institution) or a completed international document assessment to verify any one of the following.
- Three years of full-time study taught in English – a minimum of 12 hours per week at an English speaking secondary institution.
- At least two years of post-secondary education taught in English at a recognized institution.
- Successful completion of a recognized credential from SAIT-approved post-secondary institution – program must have been taught in English.
- Successfully complete a credit course in English, comparative literature, communications or equivalent at a SAIT or a recognized post-secondary institution – minimum 'C' grade required.
- Achieve the applicable score on an English assessment test within one year prior to the date you submit your application.
- Successfully complete the English Language Foundations(ELF) program.
- COMN 155 and SPCH 155 meet proficiency for programs requiring English Language Arts 30-1 or 30-2
- COMN 154 and SPCH 154 meet proficiency for programs requiring English Language Arts 20-1 or 20-2
- Successfully complete one of the recognized alternatives to our English Language Foundations program (See list of Approved alternative English programs).
Please refer to the following helpful links for more details.