Student Tax Receipts


The T2202/T2202A (Tuition, Education and Textbooks Amount Certificate) is a tuition and education tax credit certificate issued by a post-secondary institution to certify a student's eligibility for tuition, education, and textbook amounts.


The T4A (Other Income - scholarships, fellowships, bursaries, and study grants (awards)) is a slip issued by a post-secondary institution for amounts that were paid to recipients who received scholarships, fellowships, bursaries, honorariums in a tax year.  For further details please see the CRA website.


What's new? 


  • T2202 vs. T2202A – The form name has now changed from T2202A to T2202 effective 2019 and all tax years moving forward.
  • T4A – will be available on on Feb. 28. Those who do not have access to will receive a T4A by mail.
  • Social Insurance Numbers (SIN) - Effective the 2019 tax year, post-secondary institutions are now required to provide the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) with the social insurance numbers from qualifying students for the T2202 Tuition Tax Credit. Please refer to the CRA website for more information.

Effective 2019, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires post-secondary institutions to include social insurance numbers (SIN) for any student tax documents.

Based on enrolment and tax eligible fees paid in 2020, you’ll receive a T2202 tuition and enrolment certificate that requires your SIN. You can provide this information now using a new secured method through

Submit your SIN number through mySAIT:

  • Log in to and click on the MyStudent tab
  • Select Update SIN found under Taxes in the Finance Information section.
  • Follow the instructions on the page to submit your SIN.



Tax documents (T2202,T2202A,T4A) are issued to students who are over 16 years of age before the end of the taxation year. Students who were less than 16 years of age before the end of the taxation year (January to December) and who took courses at the post-secondary level can obtain their tax documents by filling out a Service inquiry form.


To be eligible for the tuition tax credit, you must have total eligible tuition fees exceeding $100 in a taxation year. Students must be enrolled in a course of studies considered post-secondary level education, or a course of studies that allows the student to obtain or improve skills in an occupation in order to be eligible for a T2202A.


Check eligibility >


Getting your tax documents


Tax documents (T2202, T2202A, T4A) are available through


We recommend you use a computer to access tax forms. You may have issues accessing the documents with a mobile device.

  • Log in to mySAIT.
  • Choose the MyStudent
  • Under Finance Information, select Student Tax Receipts (T2202 or T2202A) or Other Income Tax Slips (T4A).
  • Choose the year you are looking for from the drop-down menu
  • Click the name of the document.
  • Click Printable Version. If you're unable to view the PDF, check the right side of the address bar for a pop-up blocker and allow pop-ups. If you're having problems, log out and try again using a different web browser.

To obtain a tax form from a previous year please fill out a Service inquiry form.



If you have additional questions about your tax documents or the tuition amount reflected, contact SAIT's Finance department by filling out a Service inquiry form.


For questions related to completing your income tax return, refer to the CRA website or call 1.800.959.8281.


More information >