All apprenticeship training providers are working with AIT to open up the remaining 16,000 seats for the 2020/21 academic year. Of which about 5,000 seats are at SAIT. We expect these seats to be opened up in the coming weeks. Our number one priority is to ensure a safe learning environment for our students and staff.
- Your apprenticeship program may still have room – you may still be able to register when your class registration opens. There are still many seats available for the fall.
- More classes and seats will be available soon. AIT is working with post-secondary institutes to open all remaining classes in this academic year for registration as soon as possible. Approximately 16,000 additional seats will be available for registration, for technical training beginning in January through June, within the next few weeks.
- You can register through your MyTradesecrets (MTS) account. After logging in, you can view and search all your eligible classes at all training providers through the Class Registration tab.
- You will be notified as soon as additional classes are released for technical training starting in January – June 2021. Watch the Apprenticeship Technical Training Catalogue on Tradesecrets for new dates. You can also keep up to date by monitoring your email.
- Due to COVID-19, in-person registration will probably not be permitted at post-secondary institutes. Check the website of your post-secondary institute for more information on how to register.
- Remember that the size of technical training classes is not the same as it was. Compared to this time last year, classes are smaller due to public health restrictions and social distancing guidelines. This may reduce the availability of technical training at the post-secondary institute and dates you prefer.
- AIT constantly monitors demand for technical training programs at post-secondary institutes and adjusts class offerings to match industry demand. Registration has always been first come, first served. If technical training is no longer available at the date and location you want you can be placed on the waitlist or register at another post-secondary institute or for another date.