Refunds - Full time programs
Modified on: Fri, 22 Jan, 2021 at 6:32 PM
Full-time day programs
Dates are critical in determining whether you receive a fees refund and how much you will get back.
The following refund procedure applies to students withdrawing from a program:
- If you cancel prior to the program's start date, you'll receive a full tuition refund excluding the non-refundable tuition deposit. You must provide the Office of the Registrar with a cancellation notice — in writing or verbally — before the first day of class. Note: The tuition deposit is only applicable to new students starting the first semester.
- If you cancel on the first day of classes and before the end of the add/drop period for the applicable semester — fall, winter, spring or summer — you will receive a 50% tuition refund, excluding the ancillary fees and non-refundable tuition deposit. You must provide the Office of the Registrar with a cancellation notice in — writing or verbally — within this time frame.
- If you withdraw after the add/drop period, you will not receive a refund unless there are extenuating circumstances, agreed on by the Registrar or designate. You must complete a Program Withdrawal form and submit it to the Office of the Registrar. If there are extenuating circumstances, make sure you include a letter indicating the reason for your withdrawal and any supporting documents, such as a doctor's note.
Any student expelled from SAIT for any reason is not eligible for a refund. Students who withdraw before completing their program will not receive a SAITSA refund for any academic term — fully or partially completed.
** Beginning July 30, 2020 a 2.5% service fee will be charged on all credit card payments and a 1.5% service fee will be added to all Visa Debit and MasterCard Debit transactions. These service fees are non-refundable.
When to expect your refund
Refunds can be requested by filling out a service inquiry form. Please include the following:
- Explanation of the request
- Full name
- Student ID number
Eight-week process for refunds
Please note, any service fees are non-refundable.
Most refunds for credit programs will be issued by email money transfer (e-Transfer) directly to the student.
Refunds will no longer be issued by cheque or to the original method of payment.
- Refunds to international accounts are made via PayMyTuition
- All other refunds are issued by Interac email money transfer
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.