If you've applied online through Student Aid Alberta and are approved for a student loan before the tuition payment deadline, SAIT will electronically confirm your full-time enrolment and request that payment is sent directly from Student Aid Alberta. This means that your tuition payment deadline will be deferred until your loan disbursement date.
If your loan does not cover the entire amount owing for tuition and fees, then you're responsible for paying the difference on or before the tuition payment deadline. You can find how much we’ll receive from Student Aid under the Student Awards and Financial Aid information in the myStudent tab.
How to use your student loan to pay your tuition fees
- Log on to mySAIT.ca and select the myStudent tab
- Click on Account Summary, then select Account Summary/Credit Card Payment
- Refer to your account balance at the bottom of the page
- Go to the myStudent tab and choose Student Awards and Financial Aid in the Finance menu
- Choose View My Student Aid, then continue to see the details of your student loan
The Remit to School Amount is how much money will be paid to SAIT. Ensure this is equal to the amount owing in your account summary. If the amount to be remitted is lower, you'll be responsible to pay the difference.
The Disbursement Date is when your tuition will be sent to SAIT. Your tuition payment deadline will be extended until your loan disbursement date.
- Compare the tuition portion in your Student Aid Alberta account with your account balance in mySAIT.ca
- If the tuition portion being sent directly to SAIT is not enough to cover your tuition balance, you will need to pay the difference on or before the tuition payment deadline.
- Please do not overpay your tuition. If you have concerns over your loan disbursements contact the Office of the Registrar.
- Along with your Notice of Assessment, you'll receive two Master Student Financial Aid Agreement (MSFAA) forms — one for Alberta loans and one for Canada loans. You'll need to complete and submit both forms — make sure you have signed and dated both forms before submitting them.
- Take your completed MSFAA forms to an authorized Canada Post outlet for processing. You're required to provide government-issued photo identification, proof of your Social Insurance Number (SIN), and your personal banking information, such as a void cheque, for your forms to be processed.
If you’ve paid SAIT more money than you owe, the credit balance will remain on your account with SAIT until the end of the academic year. Your credit will be carried forward in your account and applied to the next applicable academic term charges or will be refunded if do not have any active registrations for future terms.
Since SAIT's fee deadline is before student loan confirmations can be completed, it is recommended students who have been approved for a student loan wait until SAIT confirms their loan before paying their tuition and fees.
Students are recommended from making any overpayments in excess of what is required, as all credits resulting from overpayments will be not refunded.
For more information about student loans click here.