The information below is for international applicants. If you're a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee with international education, please follow the steps found here.
Get your documents assessed for admission
Applicants who were educated outside of Canada require an international document assessment. International applicants must submit educational documents and / or transcripts through VAS. Please follow these steps for uploading these documents:
Step 1: Preparing your documentation:
Before you begin applying, you will need the following:
- Government-issued ID’s, including passport, driver’s license etc.
- Secondary School/ or post-secondary documents with certified English translations. Scan your original documents in colour.
- If you are currently in high school or are upgrading one or more of the admission requirements, you must provide sufficient evidence of your course enrolment to be considered for admission. Sufficient evidence may include:
- Class schedule showing enrolment in required subjects,
- Transcripts with future subjects indicated,
- Other proof of registration in program admission requirements and/or English Proficiency testing, if required.
Make sure you review our International Document Assessment (sait.ca) page for further information. All documents must be submitted through VAS.
Step 2: Submit Application
- Open a web browser and go https://sait.vasuniverse.com. This will bring you to the login screen, click Create Account.
- Complete all fields, accept the terms and conditions, and click Create account. Make sure the email is accurate and you have access to it as the email address will become your VAS username and you need access to the mailbox to verify your account.
- In the mailbox used to create the account, open the email from firstname.lastname@example.org and verify your account.
- Go to https://sait.vasuniverse.com
- VAS will open, click Click here to start your application link. Fill in each section of the application form and click next to go to the next section. You must complete all required fields before going to the next section. A few things to keep in mind:
- Refrain from using special characters (such as ë, á, á, õ) in your application.
- The question mark beside specific fields identifies important information for you to consider, for example, your legal first and last name needs to match your passport.
- And asterisk (*) indicates a mandatory field
- If your primary language of instruction was not English, you will be required to submit a valid English proficiency assessment test score completed within the last 12 months. If you don't meet the English proficiency requirement, consider English Language Foundations.
- Once you have selected all your desired programs, you will be prompted to upload your required and optional documentation. Your passport is a mandatory document.
When submitting your documents (educational documents and transcripts) in VAS,
- Please submit your original secondary school/ or post-secondary documents with certified English translations.
- Scan your original documents in colour. Please do not email or mail SAIT copies or originals of your documents.
- If you are currently upgrading or plan to take an English Proficiency Assessment test, you will need to provide sufficient evidence of your course and test registration.
- In the Application Summary & Terms and Conditions section, review and confirm your selections and personal information for accuracy and accept the terms and conditions. Click Save.
- Confirm your payment and add any coupon codes. If you add a coupon code, click on Apply Coupon. Click Pay Now. You will now be taken to Pay My Tuition (Payment Portal) to complete your non-refundable application fee payment.
- Once you have completed your payment, you will be taken back to your VAS Information page with your application and payment history. You will be notified once the status of your application has been updated.
- Kindly allow up to 10 business days for the application to be processed once we have all the required transcripts and documents. Please note, processing time will vary based on application volume.
- If you selected a first and second program choice, they will be considered for admission to the first program with available space, their other application will be cancelled. Visit sait.ca to find out more.
- To view your application, make updates, upload additional educational documents, send a message to your staff or agent (if applying through an agent) and / or check the status of your application, log in to VAS, click on Application, View Application.
American pattern of secondary education
- British pattern of education (O, A/S and A levels)
- French pattern of secondary education
- South Korea
Alternative evaluations and assessments accepted for admission to SAIT
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS): Educational Assessment
- WES Canada: document-by-document International Credential Advantage Package
- International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES): Comprehensive Report
- Comparative Education Service (CES): Educational Credential Assessment
- International Credential Assessment Services of Canada (ICAS): Secondary School Comprehensive Assessment Report
- Academic Credentials Assessment Service (ACAS): This assessment service is no longer available but we will continue to accept previous ACAS evaluations for admission
- Education Credential Evaluators (ECE): Course-by-Course Assessment